Local Shops – Bell Block
(5 mins walk from school)
- Arts & Craft Shop
- Bell Block Barbers (Mens/Womens Hair)
- Bell Block Sewing Service (Alterations/Repairs)
- Big Basket (Fruit/Vegetables & Groceries)
- Chinese Town Takeaways (Chinese/Fish & Chips)
- Eden (Restaurant Café)
- Four Square Store
- Family Sushi
- Masalacraft (Indian Restaurant/Takeaways)
- Pekaren Wood Fired Pizza
- Sports Bar & TAB
- Share Bliss Hair & Body Salon (Beauty Treatments/Hair Dresser)
- The Warehouse
- TSB (Bank ATM/Cash Flow Machine)
- Unichem Pharmacy ph 06 281 1544
- Heated Swimming Pool (View further information)
Public transport between Bell Block and New Plymouth is very limited. We strongly recommend that you bring your own vehicle for transportation while on clinical placement. Students sharing the same work placements may be able to car share. Free car parking is available onsite at Avatar.
Bus Timetable – Bell Block, New Plymouth
Bus Timetable – New Plymouth – Merrilands (3 workplace training establishments based in this area)
Taxi fares to work placements outside of Bell Block will be a minimum of $32 one way.
Energy City 06 757 5580.
New Plymouth Taxis 06 757 3000.
Note: Uber is not available in the Taranaki region.
Under special circumstances, transport to and from work placement may be arranged by Avatar at a cost of approximately $15 each way.