The following entry criteria will apply to all applicants:
Intending students must:
- Be a domestic student.
- Be at least 18 prior to the commencement of the programme.
- Be able to communicate competently in English. Applicants may be. requested to undertake an English language test at their own expense.
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the role of caregiver.
- Undertake health screening – be cleared to work in a healthcare setting.
- Have no criminal record. Applicants are required to complete a NZ Police Vetting Service Request and Consent Form prior to enrolment.
- Students are required to be employed in the healthcare sector or source a work placement (voluntary or paid) that enables them to meet the required workplace learning hours (approximately 224 hours over 17 weeks or 13 hours per week). Workplace is required to enable the practical components of this programme to be achieved.
Applicants who meet the entry requirements will be accepted in the order that fully completed enrolment forms are received.
Applicants who do not meet health screening requirements will not be accepted onto the programme. This is because workplace components are a requirement for students to achieve the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 2).